Friday, July 14, 2017

Christmas in July

This week at Color My Heart they are asking us to use Emerald, Sea Glass and Raspberry with Black, White and Silver. I did not get any of the new colors unfortunately before I quit Close To My Heart. It was hard to find similar colors because they are unique. I found raspberry in the Flirty paper pack. I guess it is the same color. Absolutely beautiful. I love this color and hopefully I can order the ink soon. Instead of Emerald and Sea Glass, I ended up using Lagoon and Glacier. It's bluer than it should be, but still pretty. Not as Christmasy as I'd hoped though.

I am entering this into the Christmas in July challenge at Merry Monday. The sketch is from CAS(E) This Sketch, and I am also entering the "Oh the Places You'll Go" challenge at Heart 2 Heart. I interpreted this for a Christmas card as "I'm going home for Christmas." I actually don't know where I'll be for Christmas this year, and I did get to spend the last Christmas before my mom died with her for the first time since I'd been married. It was such a special time and a true gift.





Materials used:
Cardstock: Lagoon, Glacier, Flirty Raspberry, white Daisy
Stamps: Home for the Holidays
Ink: Lagoon
Other: Silver Shimmer Trim, Flirty Assortment, Seam Binding Ribbon, My Legacy Writer, Art Philosophy

9 comments:

  1. Sweet card! I like how you outlined the house with the My Legacy Writer and used the floral pin through the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout of this card! Thanks for playing along at Color My Heart Color Dare. Hope to see you often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing along with H2H. Love the theme of going home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the non-traditional colors for a Christmas card...very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H. Please join us for other challenges in July...you have until the end of the month to create any of the July challenges to become an Addict.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I'm so glad you found a way to participate in another Color Dare challenge this month. Your color substitutions are fabulous and your "home" theme is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us again at your fabulous creation of the Color My Heart Color Dare blog. We wouldn't be here without your vision! :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are finding some time to come and play with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice combo of challenges. Thanks for playing along with the Heart 2 Heart Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, I really like it a lot! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete