Saturday, January 3, 2015

Calendar Cover

They do a lot of mixed media and different kinds of art over at Our Creative Corner. I usually stick to cards and scrapbook pages, but I decided to branch out a little. Their challenge is to reuse something leftover from Christmas. I had a load of Christmas cards, and I wanted to make a calendar for the year, so I decorated the front of a Flip Stand Album that I can use to put calendar pages in (calendar coming later.) I used an image from one of the cards on the front. It was a sweet card from my cousin and I could tell they put some thought into it. So I cut out the little house and added it to my cover. I painted a little over it so it looks like it's in a blizzard!


Some of the materials I used are CTMH, but some are not. The CTMH materials are:
My Creations Flip Stand Album, Florentine Assortment, Colonial White Floret Ribbon, Sarita Assortment, Bronze brads, Chocolate Distress ink, Bronze ShinHan marker

The other products are: Recollections paper, ribbon and jute from my stash, Spare Parts flowers, Folk Art White enamel paint

6 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah, this is stunning! I absolutely love how you recycled the old Christmas cards, what a creative idea! Fabulous contrast of materials with the soft shabby rose trim and the hard metal trinkets, it's simply a wonderful creation and will look fantastic anywhere to place it!!

    Thank you so much for sharing your calendar with us at Our Creative Corner for our 'Christmas Leftovers' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara this was a great use for leftover cards! I love the vintage shabbiness of it and the embellishments you used.
    I'm happy you joined in on our challenge and hope to see more of your creations in future challenges.
    Happy Crafting,
    xxx Laurie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The way you mixed your embellishments is really fun. I keep looking at it and seeing something new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Sarah! LOVE the monochrome neutrals and the vintage feel! I think this is just stunning! HUGS and have a great week! :) Mynn xx

    PS: I've started a new holiday card making challenge and I'd love for you to come play along! We've got blog candy up! It's called CASE-ing Christmas--hope you join me there soon! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! I'm so glad that you decided to craft outside your comfort zone and create this wonderful calendar for yourself! It's fabulous and that little house does look like it's in a bit of a snow storm!! Just lovely! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner for our Christmas Leftover challenge!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use your leftover card and you can use the calendar too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, Juliax

    ReplyDelete