Monday, October 7, 2013

Shabby Halloween Just for Fun

I don't celebrate Halloween much, especially the dark and scary aspect of it. My conscience doesn't have a problem with having fun with Halloween, but we don't celebrate it at our house for my husband's sake. I do teach my children that witches and demons do not glorify God, but I do let them dress up in fun costumes and hand out candy to the neighbor kids.

Anyway, I found some challenges, and wanted to play along for fun, so I made this shabby card for these challenges:

Shabby Tea Room: sketch
Rose Blossom Garden: Halloween theme with bonus Artbooking "i" key
Pink Elephant: Purple, black, and orange


I used a Midnight felt shape for the tree. The bats are cut from Smokey Plum cardstock with the Artbooking "v" key. The pumpkin is cut from the "i" key. Both shapes are cut in real dial size at 3/4 inch. I dyed the seam binding with an Autumn Terracotta alcohol marker.

I based my card loosely on this sketch. I rotated it counter-clockwise 90 degrees.  I used the tree for the back stripe, I made the center panel diagonal, I used the ribbon for the front stripe, and the sentiment is the oval (I off-centered it a bit to give it interest).


I also took inspiration from this card and this card.

Materials used:
Cardstock: Black, Smokey Plum, Sunset, Colonial White
B&Ts: Mischief
Stamps: Say it in Style
Ink: Black Distressing ink
Other: Autumn Terracotta Marker, Seam Binding Ribbon, Artbooking Cricut cartridge, Midnight felt shapes

4 comments:

  1. Ohh how fun! I love how you turned our little sketch into a scene...great job :) Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much spooky fun here, Sarah! Love that tree. Thanks for joining us at the Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a spooktacular card! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete