Friday, June 14, 2013

Ornaments

I have not used my hanging-ornaments Cuttlebug embossing folder before, so I thought this theme of ornaments for 52CCT was a good opportunity to use it. I used the sketch from Freshly Made, the colors from Pals Paper Arts and this was my inspiration.


I had fun with this card, and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I found some old retired CTMH B&Ts that worked so well for the color palette. I translated "gumball green and primrose petals" into CTMHs Topiary (or retired Clover Meadow) and Hollyhock.
I hope you'll come and join us at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown for our ornament challenge!
PrimroseGumballWhite

Materials used:
Cardstock: Topiary, Hollyhock, White Daisy
B&Ts: Animal Cookies, Magic Moments
Stamps: rubber Christmas stamp (not CTMH)
Ink: Hollyhock
Other: Clear Sparkles, Trinkets Wooden Shapes, Christmas Cuttlebug embossing folder set

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Sarah, I love that crisp white embossed panel against the rich colours you've used! Love that little flower on the sentiment, what a sweet touch! Have a great weekend! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your embossed panel is wonderful! Great holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love that embossing! Looks gorgeous with the red and green - what a great Christmas card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely, Sarah! I can't believe you never used this folder before--what a fabulous image! Gorgeous colors, too! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so much to like about this card - the embossing, the traditional color scheme, the clean look of it. It's all-around terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my favorite color scheme to use on Christmas cards Sarah! LOVE that embossing folder - so perfect for this weeks challenge. A terrific clean and classy card! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly clean, simple and elegant. Love the embossed baubles and pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete