Friday, May 31, 2013

Color Dare with Freshly Made Sketch

Here is my card for the new Color Dare at Color My Heart. We are using Dream Pop this week. If you want to play along and don't have Dream Pop, you can use any of these CTMH colors (or similar colors from another brand): Sunset, Slate, Cotton Candy, Honey, Juniper. This sketch is the Freshly Made sketch, rotated 90 degrees.


I finally inked up my Pinwheel May Stamp of the month in Sunset and Juniper. I cut the pinwheel layers out of the Artiste Cricut cartridge. When stamping the sentiment, I stamped it once in Juniper, then again in Sunset and cut out the word "Celebrate" from the Sunset layer and glued it on top of the Juniper layer. Then I stamped some extra stars in Sunset. Instead of the scallop, I added some silver shimmer trim and I added a shimmery button to the pinwheel center for consistency.


Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy
Paper: Dream Pop
Stamps: Pinwheel
Ink: Sunset, Juniper
Other: Black Button Assortment, Silver Shimmer Trim

5 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you about how the Pinwheel set perfectly compliments the Dream Pop paper. Great card, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lines in your card, Sarah! Great stamping too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like a party on a card! Such fun patterns for the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright, fun and cheery card! Great adaptation of the sketch. I love how the pinwheel "spins" off the card edge. I love the shimmer trim and silvery button accents too. very well done, as usual, Sarah!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card for a celebration. I especially love the bling... perfect to create a feeling of excitement! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete