Friday, March 1, 2013

52 {C}CT Sketch 15

Hi everybody! I'm so excited to announce that I was chosen to be on the design team at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown! I'm not sure I deserve it, but I will do my very best to live up to the task. Here is my very first design team card, for sketch number 15:


I did a very interesting technique called "embedded image" that I learned from Technique Time Tuesdays. Here is a close-up of the little Christmas tree:

You can learn this technique here. The look is really neat, and makes you wonder, "how'd you do that?" I added some red and green bitty sparkles to the tree, and the star on top was embossed with gold embossing powder and cut out.

Here is the inside of my card. I stamped John 3:16 from the Everlasting Life stamp set:


Materials used:
Cardstock: Cranberry, Colonial White
B&Ts: Mistletoe
Stamps: Countdown, Autumn/Winter 2012 Petite Perks, Everlasting Life, Advent Calendar WOTG
Ink: Versa Mark, Cranberry, Chocolate Distressing Ink
Other: Clear and Gold Embossing Powders, Cocoa ribbon Assortment, Mocha Opaques, Sparkles - Red Assortment, Sweet Leaf Rhinestones

8 comments:

  1. yes, yes, yes--of course you deserve to be on the Design Team for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown! Your work is consistently wonderful! I'm very excited for you! Congrats on your selection and on making such a beautiful card--you rocked it
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team Sarah - love how you have tackled the sketch and all the gorgeous papers you have used - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELCOME to our 52CCT family, Sarah! LOVE the beautiful way you used the TTT tutorial to make this gorgeous card! Your image is wonderful!!! Thanks for joining us at TTT and hope you come back and see us again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - what a beautiful card, love the papers and the tree looks fabulous! Lovely!

    Isn't nice to be part of such a fab team :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah - so happy you are on the DT with us now. I love this card - that little tree is darling and the mix of DSP is terrific! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embedded tree image is really cool! Thank you for introducing that technique to me - I'll have to give it a try sometime. :) I really like the designer papers you've chosen for this card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah! This card is amazing! Love that you used an embedded image too- they are such fun to make! I also like the fact that you chose 4 different papers and they all coordinate so well! I am so happy that I am part of such a talented DT,who bring my sketch to life!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah, welcome to the 52 {C}CT DT, so nice to have you with us!
    You've started on a high that's for sure - a great card for this week's challenge! Lovely mix of papers and wonderful interpretation of the sketch!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete