Saturday, January 19, 2013

Another Christmas Card

Here is my third card for the design team application at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. I used the sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges.

I just love the rustic look, so when they came out with the wood grain background paper in bulk from the Dakota paper pack, I was in heaven! I adore this paper! But I haven't used the houndstooth pattern on the opposite side of it yet. When I saw the recipe challenge at 52 CCT, to use patterned paper and to decorate the inside of your card, I knew it would be perfect! I could use the pattern paper as my card base, so the pretty houndstooth pattern would show on the inside!

 
The recipe also calls for glitter, so I put red glitter on my holly berries, and gold glitter on the banner "string" to tie it in with the gold ribbon.
 
Here is the inside:
 
I added red glitter to the holly berries on the inside and green to the holly leaves.
 
Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy
B&T's: Dakota
Stamps: Remarkable Wreath, Christmas Love
Ink: Barn Red, Olive
Other: gold ribbon and extra fine glitter (not CTMH)

6 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is just beautiful! I adore the gorgeous simplicity and fabulous elements! hanks so much for joining us at 52CCT! I hope you'll join us for our challenges at Inkspirational and Technique Tuesday, too! HUGS and happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah - I love your card both inside and out, gorgeous glitter accents too. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sarah! Especially love how you did the inside. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of that wonderful patterned paper and I love your wreath! The glitter details, inside and out, are just the perfect touch!
    Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT & I hope you play along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, love the colors! I see you are getting an early start on your Christmas cards this year. Great idea! Thanks so much for playing along with Crazy4Challenges Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the double sided paper and glitter and a decorated inside too. You card follows the recipe and has turned out beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete