Sunday, November 18, 2012

Black Tie

I made a Christmas card for some challenges, one new one called Black Tie Fridays. I think the gist of it is that you have to use black in your project. Their challenge this week is to make something black and white and use a cut-out. I also took inspiration from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - to use a Scripture verse on your card, and Order of the Opus Gluei - to make something 3-D. I finally had a reason to break out my pop up cards and cut-out words on my new Cricut Artiste cartridge! I gotta tell you, you can make some fabulous things with that cartridge!

Here is the inside:
Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Black
Stamps: Glory to God!, Chocolate Alphabet - Small
Ink: Cranberry, White Daisy
Other: Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Red Glitz Glitter Gel, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Cricut Artiste Cartridge

13 comments:

  1. Love your added color with the ribbon, and glitter. So fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Black Tie Friday's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at 52CCT - your verse is lovely and the inside of your card is brilliant - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I like how you added just a bit of color with the ribbon and the dot on your I. Thanks for playing with Black Tie Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and then you open it!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card! Love the black and the splash of colour. Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING!!! LOVE the beautiful pop of red on the outside with the scripture verse and I LOVE the amazing pop up inside! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - what a really great card! THanks for sharing with us at 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, bold and dramatic and then a surprise inside as well! What a great card - thanks so much for sharing it with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an original card! I love the inside too!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is really neat, love the inside when you open it! Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing card! And it is so elegant. I love the quote you have chosen. Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei, your project is simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I think I need to make a purchase (I love my Cricut and am always on the lookout for reviews of versatility with a cartridge). This card has real impact, it's beautifully simple, classic and elegant all at once. Not easy to do and done wonderfully in your card. Thank you for playing with us at Opus Gluei, I hope you come back for more challenge themes.

    ReplyDelete