Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Butterfly CASE study

I found a new challenge blog called CASE study. CASE stands for Copy and Steal Everything. So I guess the idea is to come as close to the original as possible (correct me if I'm wrong). I got my inspiration from the original card, but I made it different to participate in some other challenges. I took this sketch from Cards & Things, and the colors are from Dynamic Duos, also a new challenge to me. I love how this card turned out.
This is the original: I took inspiration from the woodgrain background (my FAVORITE part of this card!), the butterflies, lace, tag, and hemp.
This is the sketch:
And this is the color challenge:
I do not have an embosser, like a cuttlebug, so I just used my stylus and my paper trimmer. I love how this turned out! It has the effect of boards on the woodgrain. The colors I used were Black, White Daisy, and Sunny Yellow.

Materials used:
Paper: Black, White Daisy, and Sunny Yellow cardstock
Stamps: Universal Backgrounds, Quick Cards - Butterfly, Sweet Moments
Ink: White Daisy, Black, and Sunny Yellow
Embellishments: White Daisy Bigger Brads, Hemp, Lace (not CTMH)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour combo, Sarah! Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful combination of challenges and a great end result. Thanks for entering your gorgeous card in the Dynamic Duos Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Sarah! I really like the simple scored lines on the white panel, also. Great touch! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love a bit of grey and yellow! Fab card! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful background you created! Wonderful sentiment too!! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! The background is really wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lace on the woodgrain. It's rustic and feminine all at the same time! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, thanks for joining THE challenge

    ReplyDelete